Music Banter - View Single Post - Ink
Thread: Ink
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #502 (permalink)
Spike*Spiegel
Five Feet of Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I can't, any future tattoos are going to be places that are covered. I don't think my present tattoos will inhibit my job options, but I'd prefer to not push the envelope and quit while I'm ahead.
Probably a smart choice. I had a problem with this recently. After I began work on my sleeve, some a-hole with nothing better to do decided to cry about it to my boss, saying that tattoos must be covered while at work. Well, the rule book states they need to be covered if you have direct patient contact, which I do not, and I convinced the lab director that it would be discrimination if they decided to single me out. She agreed and they've stricken the rule from the entire company's policy. I've always kept the bloody girl covered, as a consideration for what other people would probably find offensive, and that has never been an issue, but when a tattoo is something rather inocuous like the biomechanical dna and constellations I have on my forearm, I don't see the problem. Some people need to **** off.
Spike*Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote