Music Banter - View Single Post - Ink
Thread: Ink
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #503 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike*Spiegel View Post
Probably a smart choice. I had a problem with this recently. After I began work on my sleeve, some a-hole with nothing better to do decided to cry about it to my boss, saying that tattoos must be covered while at work. Well, the rule book states they need to be covered if you have direct patient contact, which I do not, and I convinced the lab director that it would be discrimination if they decided to single me out. She agreed and they've stricken the rule from the entire company's policy. I've always kept the bloody girl covered, as a consideration for what other people would probably find offensive, and that has never been an issue, but when a tattoo is something rather inocuous like the biomechanical dna and constellations I have on my forearm, I don't see the problem. Some people need to **** off.
As emerging generations begin to rise to boss positions in the workplace there will be a big reform when it comes to tattoos, as they are now far more common for people. Nearly everyone I know has some sort of tattoo, even a lot of my professors at school have them. The older generations will hang onto their management positions for another couple of years, but give it 20 years and I think most tattoo work policy rules will be amended or thrown outright.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote