Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #1629 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalDiotima View Post
Beautifully stated. However, perhaps you might like to go back and read a little more of the conversation we've been having.
I think it's great that she fights for all those things... but i still think she sends the wrong message to the many many people who merely watch her videos and don't bother to research her ideals or watch her interviews etc. I had previously stated that the problem with materialism in this country is the biggest problem for me and it happens to the the problem she doesn't address and about which she sends the completely wrong message. So everything you said is nice... i just don't care. I care about her materialistic message (or the obscurity of her "non-materialism") and I have the right to dislike her for any reason i choose.

Also, i never said I don't like her music. What i have said about her has nothing, at all, to do with her music. It has to do with her image, with which, she is obsessed.
Touche my friend, touche. I appreciate your compliments on my work, I am a passionate writer.

I understand why you dislike her now, I think before it was harder to clarify in my mind what the issue was with her.

Materialism is a underlying issue of the Western world. Can't see it going away though, unless there is another world war.