Music Banter - View Single Post - Crash's Daily Reader
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #58 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

- 13 SEP 2010 -

As some of you may have noticed, the name of my little journal here has changed. It is now Crash's Daily Reader, instead of that other "off-the-top-of-my-head" garbage. I feel like this name captures the actual point of the journal a lot more, I like this thing to be daily, or at lest close to it. The original idea for the thread was to just have a dumping ground for random **** I wanted to post, but I think a daily entry style journal/blog suits me much better. The thought of trashing the whole journal and starting over had crossed my mind, but there's some good posts thoughout this thread I would like to keep, so we'll just keep it and move on.

Yesterday was one of my favorite days of the year, NFL opening Sunday. A day completely devoted to American footbal, beer, and food. It's exactly what I needed at the time. I look forward to a great and exciting season of football this year, and who knows, maybe my team will actually make a run for the championship. *fingers crossed*

So as I've said before, my new found love for dubstep and ever growing curiosity into the the entire EDM scene is keeping me pretty full on with new music to explore, today we're going to delve into some more dubstep. But don't get your club clothes on quite chet young en', this is different...

Song of The Day: Cityscape by Thrive

Wow, you're going to wanna make sure you have a subwoofer for this one. Computer speakers and earbuds aren't going to cut it here. This track has some serious bass, the way I like it, subsonic. This is a refreshing style of dubstep from an artist I personally look forward to hearing more from in the future. The laid back nature of this track really works well for it's overall quality. Everything is on the back beat, creating a slow, steady effect that drives the track nicely. The mids and highs add great layering and keep the track moving along at a nice pace, the track is 7 and a half minutes long, though it doesn't feel like it. One of those tracks you don't want to end, enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".

Last edited by crash_override; 09-14-2010 at 10:00 AM.
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote