Music Banter - View Single Post - (Rapcore),Genre Raprock,origin:Punk
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Default Raprock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
I don't get the Run DMC/rapcore connection. They're hip hop, and they happen to have had a couple rock influenced songs.

DMC is classified in the hip/hop & raprock genres, I consider personally that Run-DMC helped lay a foundation that influenced countless bands & artist of the rapcore subgenre through the years, the fine lines of musical genre's are just so easy to crossover sometimes I know, why split hairs? I love it!
The way alot of people sometimes precieve funk rock is in a same way as they do raprock, they are rock influenced songs & genres yes, but they are no more dominated by a hip hop, funk, or the soul genre, anymore than they are influenced by the rock genre, except where the basic rythm section and beat is more dominated by 'funk' to a certain extent, just my observation & opinion, no actual accounted facts.
I had originally thought about putting Raprock at the Title of the post, guess I forgot.. I think I quoted raprock in my original DMC post, I get why you would miss it since the thread mainly concerns Rapcore, I always try and remember to label the subject that Im talking about in the post's Title header, (sub-genre, etc.) when posting usually, anyway Thanks for the recomendations Satchmo!
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote