Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Nine Inch Nails Thread. (New album Free Download)
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #71 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I have a soft spot for Reptile...something about all the crazy noises going on in that song that just does it for me. So I guess if I had to pick 3 it would be Hurt, Reptile, and Piggy.

Edit: That sample in the beginning of the Becoming is from a movie called Robot Jox...one of the most hilariously corny sci fi movies ever conceived. I used to watch that movie a lot as a kid. One day it was on tv and a scene where a robot crushed a bunch of bystanders was on and all the screams sounded very familiar. I put on the Becoming and sure enough, it was the same sample. I loved Trent even more after that day.
Yeah, I like Reptile a lot, I think it leads into The Downard Spiral(song) very well. Unlike you though, I found out he sampled that movie through good ol' Wikipedia. I always chuckle at the end of The Becoming when Trent goes real high pitched, and yells "It won't give up it wants me dead, god damn this voice inside my head!"
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote