Music Banter - View Single Post - The Explain Why You Like This Album ('cause i don't understand) Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #830 (permalink)
ImmortalDiotima
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I was listening to Blind Guardian earlier and as usual they were singing about Middle Earth, swords and scorcery, wizards and dragons etc. I doubt they participate in quests against the dark lord of Mordor etc............sounds like another bunch of metal fakes to me, but it certainly beats singing about abortions though

Given that you constantly prattle on, about how Varg Vikernes follows his ideals (Then you constantly say you don`t condone his actions) and its not his fault that he`s treated leniantly in prison (Yet you approve of the leniancy of these prisons) About how he`d have Tom Araya pissing in his pants (Because Varg actually does the stuff that Tom wouldn`t) Certainly leads the reader to conclude that you have a certain amount of admiration for the man.

I don`t think anybody is going to deter your opinion, as you`re too far gone just to appreciate the simple things in life, like good metal music, instead of analyzing whether the group concerned, practices what it preaches or not.
I cease to recognize the point of anything you say. As you constantly refuse to actually read and digest anything I have said, twisting it, instead, into some misinterpreted glob of whatever you feel like arguing against without actually referring to a single point that I have made... be sure that the last person who could deter my opinion would be you and your way of arguing.

I shall from this point forward ignore your remarks unless, by some miracle, you manage to say something which requires an actual thought process and not just a rude attitude.

(Oh and if we'd like to talk about prattling on... your comment about Blind Guardian completely ignores the distinction I made and is, in fact, identical to the same comment you have repeatedly made and to which I have offered a multi-faceted and diverse argument, which you continue to ignore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneHugo View Post
I don't like SCREAMYGROWLY vocals. Knowing what's being sung is a plus but I just don't like it when some a‎sshole gets up and does a bunch of that kind of thing.

Vocals are also just a part of my general disgust towards much metal that I've listened to.

You could just open the quotes in different tabs and copy+paste them into the same thing but whatever bro
Ok well then I would suggest power metal or classic metal since most of the vocals are clean. But if you don't like metal you don't like metal.

Um, I've since been shown how to use the multi-quote function. I'm not sure why you feel the need to take an attitude with me here... but by the way... I'm not a bro. I'm a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
We could sit here and go through about the 20-30 metal genres and I`m certain the majority without any doubt has discernible lyrics, when I say discernible I`m talking the majority of their material is receptive to the ear and doesn`t involve growls, snarls, screams and shrieking to the excess of the example I gave on a previous thread here.
I simply disagree.
ImmortalDiotima is offline   Reply With Quote