Music Banter - View Single Post - The Explain Why You Like This Album ('cause i don't understand) Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #833 (permalink)
ImmortalDiotima
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Loosen up you`re taking this all too seriously, and by the way you`ve also evaded direct reponses to questions as well, instead preferring to to analyze things way beyond reasonable levels.

You`ve mentioned that you`re a singer, what type of stuff do you sing about?
I take it seriously when I feel like I'm being attacked, which is how I feel when people speak to me with the attitude with which you've been addressing me. Granted, this is an internet forum so I take responsibility for possibly misinterpreting your tone.
If I have analyzed beyond reason it was only in an attempt to directly answer the questions that were posed to me. I didn't intentionally evade anything and if there is still a lingering question you'd like me to answer, shoot. If it's the same question you've asked me three times (whether I should dislike everyone who sings about doing something they don't do) I think I've answered that question thoroughly (a few times over).

Also, you claim that I can't look past things and simply enjoy the music. This is yet another example of your completely ignoring things that I have said... such as that the reason I don't like listening to slayer is that I don't like the sound of Tom Araya's vocals (nothing to do with their subject matter). I just don't enjoy them.

I sing mostly classical music, none of which I write. the subject matter varies.

To be honest... I don't think I am over-analyzing. You have tried to present me with examples that are supposed to confound me and prove that I am contradicting myself when, in fact, the examples you present are very different from the one that I am talking about and offer no contradiction. When I point this out to you... you ignore it and continue making the same impotent argument against what I have said.
ImmortalDiotima is offline   Reply With Quote