Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #2983 (permalink)
GravitySlips
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
United's fans always rise to the occasion Gravity. Pity Rangers didn't provide one.
To describe Rangers performance as "great" is stretching the truth mate.
Great result, yes.
If your happy with the way your team plays then it's a sad state of affairs.
Even during United's darkest days, they always played attacking football.
I'm not saying I'm delighted with that style of play, but that's all that's available to us at the present moment, at Champions League level anyway. I realize how frustrating it must be to Utd fans watching that game tonight, but considering the players that Rangers have now there was no chance of anything better from us. I support my team, we're not great and when you're playing Man Utd, you have to be realistic. I'm not saying I'm over the moon with the nature of the performance, but we did all we were going to be able to do in order to get a positive result, and we did it well. The reality is that it IS a sad state of affairs at Rangers at the moment, hopefully we'll be playing much better football again once we're clear of this debt and restrictions imposed by banks. Unfortunately, that may be far in the future.

I thought it would be a heavy defeat for Rangers tonight. It may not be the most entertaining, but I'll take that result and performance given the circumstances (to give one example - losing your top scorer, among other players, to f'ucking Middlesborough this summer).
GravitySlips is offline   Reply With Quote