Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #1652 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Tears View Post
Why tell when I can show.

Indeed! The real deal is more fun than words, Goblin!

Uh oh. Now I can see I won't just have a beef with Lady Gaga over her use of beef, but also over her...

RELIGIOUS VIEWS!!!!

She sings of her new album, Born this Way, "God makes no mistakes." Oh? God? And no mistakes? Well, I could quibble with her there on both grounds. If a god makes no mistakes, than presumably those people the god created, knowing they would oppose homosexuality, aren't mistakes or mistaken either.

But beyond the logical problems with her claim, I feel that arguing over what a god intends or does not intend is not the best way to try to solve the problem of extending legal protection to people regardless of sexual orientation. For every Lady Gaga who claims a god wants human rights to be extended to gay people, there may be be someone equally convinced of the opposite.

Of course, I support her in her endeavors (except for the meat part).
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote