Music Banter - View Single Post - Soundtrack to your summer.
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Nice thread idea.

X.A Cute Feat Ari Up - Me Done.

I rediscovered The Slits over the summer and wondered what the hell lead singer Ari Up was up too and the answer seems to be guest vocals on a variety of tracks with artists such as Dubblestandart and the mighty upsetter himself- Lee 'Scratch' Perry. This with X.A Cute whom I know nothing about that but this is a great slice of Ragga infused Dancehall Reggae and got plenty of airplays.

Dubmatix Feat. Ranking Joe - Give Thanks & Praises (Nate Wize Ranking Bass Remix)

The boys from Canada once again get on the remix trail and up the bass and have some great skanking vocals. Perfect working music that got me through that crapfest of a job I endured through the summer.

Armored Saint - La Raza

A typical hard working but decidedly average Heavy Metal band made their first album in god knows how many years and god damn it, it's good. I first heard it virtually comatose in the back of a car driving back from Switzerland through to Germany coming back from the ridiculously muddy Sonisphere festival there and it was just one of those times that still ticked all the right boxes in terms of atmosphere, surroundings etc that you think of for years to come. No vid but the title track is stellar.

Evol Intent - Call To Arms

Courtesy of a DnB mix that Freebase did me around 18 months that I still listen to. This song was just perfect in ear listening at work when I needed a jolt of enegy at 4 a.m. The drum track just blows you away on decent headphones.

Foals - Spanish Sahara

Oh boohoo Foals changed their sound. Instead of refining their Math Rock tinged sound, they decided to get a little introspective and give us songs with layers and ambience. I adore this album and it's been played to death at home. Such a great build up.

Fat Freddy's Drop - Shiverman

What? jackhammer likes FFD? No shit sherlock! As soon as they announced that they were touring over here I bought tickets within the first week and they opened with this when I saw them at the weekend and the album version doesn't do them justice. A brilliant live band that rocked my arse!

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote