Music Banter - View Single Post - Soundtrack to your summer.
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
MGMT - It's Working

Typically enough, I find MGMT a lot more interesting when they pretend to be The Zombies instead of whatever it was their debut was pointing to, AKA generic Indie pap that pimply 14 year olds flock to like flies to rotting meat. Oddly enough, this album did wonders at some of the parties I attended during my free time over the last few months, including landing me two dates. Hooray for pretending to give a shit about what my generation likes!

In other news, Congratulations is fine psych-indie-pop record, and a summer milestone for me for better...and best.
Much like Phoenix, MGMT is a much-hyped band I've known about since last year but never bothered to listen to. I've heard a few singles from their previous album, which I thought were ok, but that's it. I do have a feeling I could enjoy both of their albums if I actually gave them a chance, given my new less-serious fun/happy-seeking outlook on music. This particular song is not bad...though I had to search for a different video as that one is pretty shit quality.

I'll have to check out the other stuff posted in this thread so far...just felt like commenting on yours since your post appeared after I compiled and submitted mine.