Music Banter - View Single Post - Swans / Angels of Light
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 10:13 AM   #29 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsawkitten View Post
I have been listening to it a bit (*cough*) and can say that if you're expecting another Swans-album you'll be disappointed. If you are, however, expecting an Angels of Light-album you'll definately be satisfied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankrsta View Post
^I think it's a true Swans album with an Angels of Light experience.
yeah i've been listening to it quite a bit also....and it really has a feel of Angels of Light release...especially what they did with 'We Are Him'....so a bit of continuation in Gira lyrical process.....but at the same time Norm makes his presence known....and at times shows a glimpse of some of the hardest Swans pummeling....although not for the same length....personally i am having a bit of a love hate relationship with the album at the moment...i am almost positive this will change next month when i see them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Tears View Post
I constantly listen to ''Children Of God'' and ''Soundtracks For The Blind''. Sometimes I have to take it easy though...the brutal tone makes me queasy sometimes, lol.
i agree with Children of God....and can really get to me at times....but Soundtracks for the Blind....is almost a welcome beating
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote