Music Banter - View Single Post - Who Is The Greatest Band From Manchester?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #48 (permalink)
squonk
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccles cake View Post
Squonk chops , didn't know Theatre Of Hate was a M/cr band. Didn't even know that there was a Manc connection . Probs just my lack of knowledge about 'em though .
Thing is with this list here its like a Greater Manchester Band List,ie Badly Drawn Boy = Bolton , and thats good and how it should be really to cover the whole Grt/Mcr urban area but if it is that then where's Elbow and the Verve, just for example (Bury and Wigan both in Gtr Mcr) where as the Chem Bros were southerners who got their stuff together whilst at Manc Uni . Maybe I'm just a bit anal ( ooerr missus ) about this stuff .
Hi Eccles... no, you're soooo not anal, this was my source...

List of bands from Manchester - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TOH are listed but I admit I was surprised too... and I know what you mean about the greater Manchester thing... like the Smiths are from Salford, Railway Children [Wigan] and so on... interestingly [or not], I researched the city of Leeds as a musical hotbed and discovered a cocophany [hmm I like the word plethora better though] of bands I never knew were white roses, live and learn eh? Here are a few of them...

Age Of Chance
Edsel Auctioneer
Gang Of Four
Forward Russia!
March Violets
Pale Saints
Red Lorry Yellow Lorry
Sisters Of Mercy
This Et Al

Please note I have sensationally avoided mentioning Soft Cell... or have I?!
squonk is offline   Reply With Quote