Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #5277 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

The Chatham Singers - Juju Claudius
Yet another of one of Billy Childish's millions of projects.
This one is has a more bluesy/county feel to it with a lot of the songs being him duetting with Nurse Julie sounding something a bit like a punk rock version of Johnny & June Carter Cash*

*With thanks to Flower Child's last journal entry for inspiring a good analogy for me to save me the effort of having to think one up

Isotope 217 - The Unstable Molecule
Isotope 217 are a more laid back & funky Tortoise side project. If you want an album full of music that sounds like it comes from a 70s cop show this is the album for you.

Phew - Phew
Phew is the alias of Hiromi Moritani a Japanese avant-garde artist who records far too infrequently. She just released her first album in something like 15 years, this isn't it but I've been listening to this to re-acquaint myself to her work. This is her debut from 1981 and features Conny Plank & various members of Can helping out.

Baader Meinhof - Baader Meinhof
Another side project by The Auteurs/ Black Box Recorder's Luke Haines. I bought this back when it came out in 1996 but I don't think I ever really gave it the recognition it really deserves. I mean, how many albums to you own are about 1970s counter terrorism set to a funk background.

No, thought not.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote