Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 10:22 PM   #13101 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Various Artists - Minimal Wave Tapes: Volume One

This was on the rack as a staff recommendation at a local record shop. Looked interesting so I took note and stole it from the internets! Listening now, not bad but not mind blowing. Might play it just this once, but keep it in shuffle rotation. Only 4 tracks in though, so who knows. It might kick up a notch. Maybe not, it is called minimal after all.

!!! - Strange Weather, Isn't It?

I've known about !!! for maybe 6 or 7 years, but any samples I listened to previously didn't appeal to me. I recently swapped recommendation lists with someone and this was on her list. Samples actually appeal to me now, we'll see.

Tweak Bird - Bigbonesnakebite EP

I got their more recent EP Reservations yesterday and liked it quite a bit, so I'm getting more. Good stoner rock if you like Black Mountain, Floor, Danava, etc.

WALSH - Smoke Weed About It EP

I don't know...I just read that someone said this was "fucking brilliant", so why not. Never heard of it prior to that. Someone on last.fm says it "Goes with Com Truise in a gooooood way" so fuck me, I might like this a lot.