Music Banter - View Single Post - Whats happened?!
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 10:25 AM   #57 (permalink)
Fenixpunk
The Erroneous Hoodlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
I think the problem with the lounge is that it`s too small to cover everything else other than music.

If I was to for example start a thread on some book or film chances are after a couple of days it`ll get buried under hundreds of attention whoring posts.Then if anybody new comes along who has an opinion on it , they won`t see it.

If the non music side of the forum was more cohesive topics on certain subjects would be easier to find & discuss. Have a sports forum , have a tv , film & books forum , have a news forum , have an unmoderated forum for all the attention whoring posts where people can mess around & get to know one another without fear of moderators telling them to stay on topic.
hmm, i kinda like the sound of that but my only concern would be if we created a forum for all other forms of entertainment, then this wouldnt be considered a music forum anymore would it? The way i see it right now is theres a music forum.....and then the lounge. If we had a sports forum/tv forum/book forum/news forum/film forum/etc. then music banter would be pretty much an open invitation for anyone whether they have interest in music or not. I like the current structure becaues the majority of members are here for the music even if they post alot in the lounge, its the music aspect of the site that got them here.