Music Banter - View Single Post - [RELEASE] September Theme Comp: Satan
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #74 (permalink)
dankrsta

So nobody bothered to figure out me and LoathsomePete. Oh come on, it's pretty obvious with only two tracks left.

Anyway, I wanted to say that this was a pretty interesting compilation and very diverse, which I didn't expect to this extent. I guess I expected more black/death metal songs, but instead we ended up with more alt-country/folk songs. I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked that Laura Marling song. I never bother checking out various metal genres because I have this presumption that I could never like it. That's why I was pretty surprised that I actually liked that Nargaroth song. It was kind of addictive and the vocal was more hilarious than annoying. So that was good.

As for the poll. It was between The Omen theme and Current 93. Well, The Omen theme is so obviously satanic and it always gives me chills. But maybe 'Satan' is not so obvious. In the end, I voted for Current 93 - The Fall Of Christopher Robin, because of the lyrics and seemingly innocent music. I mean, take an iconic children character (from Winnie the Pooh, if I'm not mistaken) and make him corruptible; if not just for these words: "Each tale has a message, we all must agree; All children who start praying, will burn in eternity"