Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 03:39 AM   #1731 (permalink)
downwardspiral
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
I WANT to go and see Electric Wizard in London next month! I've wanted to see them for years and i'm always concerned that one day I will read that they have broken up and I never got to see them.

The chances of me going to this gig are frankly not good at all but damn, these guys are right at the top of my list of bands to see and it would mean the world to me to go.
Go.

Comfort wise it's not ideal but National Express are doing the extremely cheap fares at the minute. It'll probably take you a while to get down from Sunderland but if you want to go THAT much..

Actually, just checked and it takes roughly 15 hours all round. 7 hours 40 there (£7.50 if you get the 8:35 arriving at 16:15) and 7 hours 15 coming home (£1 if you take the 9:30 arriving at 16:45) http://www.nationalexpress.com/bp/b2.cfm?id=250519182 . You'll probably need to rough it which I've done plenty of times going to gigs in London, just sit in St. Pancras station.. it's open 24 hour and has a warm Costa that you can sit in which is also open 24 hour. OR there's a hostel in Kings Cross (about 3/4 stops on the tube from Camden which is where the gig is) and the rooms are like £8 per night I think. All in all it would probably cost you about £30 if you didn't get a hostel (that's your gig ticket, return coach fare and the area ticket for the tube).

As you can tell I've been pretty bored this morning..

downwardspiral is offline   Reply With Quote