Music Banter - View Single Post - Don't Ask Don't Tell
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

It is actually a General Discharge under Honorable conditions, which is then upgraded to an Honorable Discharge after 6 months for some reason. I know tons who have gotten out for this reason.

This movement began quite sometime ago, and now everyone that matters knows there is no suitable motive behind it, and therefore this will be abolished immediately. Lady Gaga just jumped on the bandwagon on this one.

I don't mind it at all, but after serving in the Navy, the gayest of them all, I can see how someone could feel uncomfortable. I was put into many situations in which I felt extremely uncomfortable, like showering with 40+ other men. If one of my shipmates was gay and was getting his jollies off looking at my genitals, I honestly wouldn't mind, but rather flattered, but I can see how less open minded folk...Texans...ahem...would not find it acceptable. All in all it comes down to just another man having your back and you having his.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote