Music Banter - View Single Post - Church Plans on Burning Qur'an on September 11th
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #138 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
So which days would you say were a time when a lot of people did use logic?
I meant that, since the invasion of "political correctness", many people have assumed some irrational ways of thinking. To be more precise, I referred to that absurd notion of "collective sensitivity" (let's say it this way), which is an absolutely illogical idea, a kind of "pseudo-intellectual garbage" used as a subterfuge to restrict freedom of expression. Sensitivity is an INDIVIDUAL feature. It cannot be "collective". I think there was a time when that was clear to most of the people.

A derivation from that mentioned stupid idea states, more or less, that "the number of people you refer to is proportional to the seriousness of your "offence"". Bullsh*t. It seems there's no problem in "offending" mankind, as misanthropes have always done:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Byron
All men are intrinsical rascals, and I am only sorry that not being a dog I can’t bite them.
Or religion in general (and sometimes also, but not necessarily, "religious people", which is a different concept, despite some tend to confuse both things):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltaire
Religion began when the first scoundrel met the first fool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Weinberg
Religion is an insult to human dignity.
And there should be no problem indeed. But if you say anything "inconvenient" about Islam (which is something different to "Muslim people"), the guardians of political correctness start to bomb you with their well-known verbal diarrhoea: "how dare you offend 1.5 billion people and blah blah blah blah..."

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 09-21-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote