Music Banter - View Single Post - Don't Ask Don't Tell
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
Consolator
¬¬!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
Really? I've found my experience in the military to indicate quite differently. It seems they change the rules first and then enforce them upon the service members, forcefully if necessary. Sure you'll have some people rebel and resist the new rules, but they'll make examples of a few people and the rest will adapt accordingly. I don't think the military is willing to keep the current policy, and I definitely don't think they'll go with the "If you're not OK with gays then you can't join the military" approach. I know from first hand that when I was in training they shoved diversity and tolerance down our throats. We weren't even allowed to have roommates in tech school that were all of the same race. They have programs in place now to make it very clear to all new service members that discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.

I think the military will enforce this new policy using the same method they always use, fear mongering.
That's really good to know. I had no idea that they were so adamant about tolerance and diversity.

That makes me wonder though, why is this such an issue then?
Consolator is offline   Reply With Quote