Music Banter - View Single Post - Church Plans on Burning Qur'an on September 11th
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #141 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
Another sign of "decadence" is that we're losing our sense of humor when it comes to religion. But I hope this is only a "temporary phenomenon" and we'll regain our healthy capacity to ease the tension soon.

Before Islamic issues came to our lives (accompanied by the political correctness mafia), we didn't use to dramatize religious affairs. But now we're all too serious, nervous, sometimes even aggresive (at least verbally), and we frequently lose our temper. And that's not good. I miss the "old times", when, for instance, a film director could make a comedy about religion, like Monty Python's Life of Brian or The Meaning of Life.
Incorrect. Monty Python's Life of Brian was slaughtered by the church and condemned as heresy by it's supporters on it's release.
It was almost banned and caused a right old shit storm.
So much for "the old times".
I doubt anyone would even raise an eyebrow if it was released these days.
Unless of course it provoked radical extremist terrorists hell bent on murder. Then it would be an absolutely stupid idea, totally lacking in common sense, provoking religious hatred and incitement to violence to even suggest making such a film. Especially if the film makers were aware of the ensuing carnage prior to filming...if you get my drift.

The only ones who get too serious, sometimes even aggressive and frequently lose their temper, are people like the pastor of which this thread is about.
Then again, some people don't possess the common sense they were born with...if you get my drift.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote