Music Banter - View Single Post - ...In which I post reviews of albums I have acquired.
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
That is very true. I'd like to think of them more as being the "defining jam band" of this generation than the "new Grateful Dead", though. I just feel like they're too musically different. Other jam bands don't get nearly the amount of Grateful Dead comparisons that Phish get, even the ones that are a bit more similar musically.

I still really love The Grateful Dead. They were an amazing band, to be sure. Just different - like, I'd not be likely to put a Grateful Dead track on a CD next to a Phish track because they really just wouldn't mesh.

And as for the band you may be thinking of: I've heard a lot of comparisons with Widespread Panic, The String Cheese Incident, and moe. to Phish - is one of those the one you were thinking of?
Its none of these bands that you`ve mentioned. Anyways, I`m making a point now of listening to most of Phish`s discography properly this time, and will let you know what I think.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote