Music Banter - View Single Post - Whats happened?!
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 02:10 PM   #68 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixpunk
i think a big portion Stu may be because for the most part, those of us who are here alot already have discussed our musical tastes or likes and dislikes with each other. Its pretty much all been said before untill a newbie comes in with some new input. Sure the old arguments happen all over again, but not always, and alot of the times the same discussion that happend 6 months ago and is old news to us is new to them so what ends up happening most of the time is these newbs end up getting flamed for starting a new thread on an old subject (old to us, not to them) so alot of ppl just stick to the lounge now where basically anything goes and you dont have to worry about ppl complaining about why such and such band is mentioned in a certain forum. Then again, maybe music is getting stale and were all itching for something new to come out so we can all talk about how much we hate or like this "new" band. Either way, i dont see the lounge as a bad thing, it definetly takes away from the music portion of the site, but I have to agree with the way Urban explains it.
i completely agree...right now i'm waiting for something new to come my way...but stu has said that the music discussion has been weak lately and i disagree....he hasn't been here for a couple of days if not weeks ( at least not so i would notice=new suggestions ) and still new people came ( well in the indie forum , that's my main hanging place ) and suggested new bands i've never heard of...in my opinion the forum can never die because there is always one or two new people who know their shit....

Last.fm