Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Not Digging
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #158 (permalink)
Dayvan Cowboy
Basscadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma (2010)

Enough people have gushed over this album since May for me to at least take a look. After reading the Wiki on it and seeing it as a Electronic/ Experimental album I was intrigued enough to buy it. Upon listening to it all I could really hear was your typical snare/ bass drum beats in the foreground, with all the other interesting shit in the background. I figured this was just for a few songs, and with 17 to choose from it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but it just seemed to repeat the same process in every song. It was like Flying Lotus just decided to get a basic drum beat down, hit the repeat button, and then knock off for lunch. After going back to the Wiki page to pull up some of the reviews I noticed that the track lengths advertised on Wikipedia were different than the track lengths on my Winamp, but only by 30-40 seconds or so, not enough to convince me that I should download a proper version. Cosmogramma seems to be the antithesis to Aydio's Nonentity which was full of life and a progression of sounds.
Really? I really enjoyed this album. It's a very hard album to understand, though. It took me months to fully appreciate it.

Last edited by Dayvan Cowboy; 09-23-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote