Music Banter - View Single Post - Vaccination/Immunization -- Why is there a problem?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I have a cousin who is a mother of two children and she rails against vaccinations on Facebook 24/7, 100 percent of it being simply "vaccination is bad" and doesn't let her children get vaccinated against any diseases. Initially I'm inclined to simply call her another paranoid victim of some screwed up agenda I don't know about... but I realize that I know next to nothing about the movement against the vaccination of children. Something about Mercury comes to mind, but I'm pretty much in the dark about it. I've tried to do research but everything I've read so far that opposed vaccinations were composed of a lot of distrusting opinion based on very little factual information.
I, being a reasonable guy, decided I would seek out the facts and stances on this issue before I rip her a couple new ass holes and threaten to call child services on her or something.

She doesn't even let her children eat salt, btw. And she's a Vegetarian, so she doesn't let her children eat meat either. Just letting you know the kind of person I'm talking about... The kind that takes parenting beyond parenting.

So you can see why I'm interested in the opinions on this.
A lot of anti-vaccination people think vaccines can cause things like Downs Syndrome, but there's really no evidence to back that up. The whole thing was started by some British scientist who, if I remember correctly, has himself renounced the hypothesis.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote