Music Banter - View Single Post - Great Expectations
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #20 (permalink)
savannah
afrocentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I don't think that's a flaw and I actually really like the way savannah put it. I find myself doing this all the time and I used to have a lot of anxiety when I thought about it. Now I just accept that that is the way I am. I never quite put it the way savannah did, so thanks for that...I really feel like that just cleared up a lot for myself.

I get overwhelmed by people quite often. I maintain a group of around 3 or 4 people that I will hang out with all the time. That doesn't mean I only know 4 people at any given time, though...I keep a pretty big network of casual friends. Just clearning that up. Any more than that in the main group, though, and I start to get anxious because I do feel obligated to hang out with everyone I consider to be that close and leaving someone out makes me feel incredibly guilty. For that reason, I let people flow naturally in and out of my life.

I feel like these days I make friends that understand that and might actually feel the same way. Sometimes we show up in each others' lives again, sometimes we don't. I can't help but get a sense that the close friends I've had were "meant to be" at certain times, especially since I grew up halfway around the world and people I used to know still show up from time to time.

This got longer than I wanted it.

well,...you are welcome,....

and i'm pretty much the same way you are, and it used to cause me alot of distress,...like there was something wrong with me

i too have become at peace with thats just the way i am,... now i that i understand it, i embrace it, and rather enjoy it,....

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote