Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #6316 (permalink)
Dr.Seussicide
FakingSuicideForApplause

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
Today is my birthday. One person wished me happy birthday on Facebook when I usually see my other friends with dozens of birthday wishes just after midnight, and I'm always sure to wish everyone on my friend's list a Happy Birthday as well.

My grandmother got up to get ready for work, and I was talking to her for the longest time. There was something on TV that mentioned that today is National Punctuation Day, and I said, "I'm proud to share my birthday with National Punctuation Day."

She looked stunned, mumbled "Happy Birthday", then I heard her in the other room talking to my mother on the phone about how she forgot it was my birthday, didn't get me a present, and is working a double shift today so won't be at my little family party thing.

Also, at least half of the people who planned on attending my party for friends have had to back out in the past few days, so that also sucks.

My birthday is always such a disappointment. I always think it's going to be better than the previous birthday every single year, and I'm always let down. Last year, I wound up going to dinner with two acquaintances because everyone else had to bail for work and I had to pay for their dinner.

In summation: I hate birthdays.
Happy birthday That sounds fucked up though, and I'm sorry that it sucks that much. People tend to do things like this, disappoint always. But I hope you still managed to enjoy it in some way, maybe nothing major, but maybe you found some happiness in this shroud

Dr.Seussicide is offline   Reply With Quote