Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #702 (permalink)
The Fascinating Turnip
Moper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
It's not a problem.
Seems like a decent laptop to me. The specs are good and will handle anything you throw at it, but I don't see any video card specs so as far as gaming, it would depend largely on how much video ram it boasts.
It has an onboard audio card, 24 bit probably, but if you're planning on doing recording, you'll want to get an external audio card anyway for input options.
The hard drive isn't the fastest at 5400 RPMs, but whether that will affect you will depend on what you're planning on using the computer for. Plenty enough storage though.

Ultimately it all comes down to what you plan on doing with it. If you just plan on surfing the web and listening to music, those specs are overkill and you could get away with paying less for something more reasonable for your needs. If you're planning on doing some basic recording, you could get away with getting something with a little less beef and using the money you save to buy an external audio card suited for recording and you'll be better off. For gaming, your focus should be on the graphics card mainly, but the rest of those specs would do fine.
Same laptop, the specs I meant to have posted:

N53Jn Asus Technical specification:

- 15-inch LED glare display with 1366 x 768 pixels;

- processor is an Intel Core i5-540M, 2.53 GHz, 3 MB Cache, 3.06 GHz Turbo;

- 4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz;

- Intel GMA integrated HD video card;

- Nvidia GeForce GT dedicated video card with 1GB VRAM 335M;

- Samsung 640 GB HDD 5400 RPM and 8 MB buffer;

- 6 Cell Battery – 4400 mAh and 48 Wh;

- Bang & Olufsen ICEpower Speakers;

-LAN 802.11b/g/n – Operating system Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Doesn't the whole "SonicFocus audio technology" spec. conflict with the "Bang & Olufsen ICEpower Speakers" spec.?

Listening to music, surfing the net, some gaming...

About recording, I might have to get informed about equipment of the sort later on...

I also need an electric guitar...might get one of those cheap ones that come with a 10/15 watt amp or something...No idea what I should go for there, but that's off topic.
The Fascinating Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote