Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #1672 (permalink)
The Fascinating Turnip
Moper

Again, I'm ashamed for being this late...

I had read Anteater’s review before I listened to the album in its entirety, so I can’t say it completely took me by surprise, but I have to say that after the first song, despite it being rather short, I had no idea what was going to follow besides the snippets I knew.

The following track, (The Courtryard), sucked me into Finn’s hypnotic, disturbed world. His voice seemed far away and every little word had hints of disdain and bitterness, like the man was a step away from insanity, and believe me, he reaches a sate of disturbed bliss which one cannot help but feel in awe at.

In any case, here and there popped up some refreshing little folk ditties that merely let one rest his ears until he'd be ready to get his mind blown to bloody bits all over again.

Jerusalem is an incredible song, it stands out like a giant, ready to tell you a twisted tale and lose all sense of sanity and inhibition admidst it. Perhaps I’m just partial to screaming, but for some reason I feel flabbergasted every time I finish listening to this song.

I can also swear Where Has Your Master Gone reminds me of a well known pop song which I can’t for the life of me remember.

A honourable mention: Big White Car, Children’s Eyes.

Expect Psychadelia and Folk, all performed by a mad vagabond.
This is Simon Finn.

Thanks, Ant.

Last edited by The Fascinating Turnip; 10-01-2010 at 01:19 PM.
The Fascinating Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote