Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #353 (permalink)
Consolator
¬¬!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palatable Vera View Post
I don't see anything wrong with gay people. I really don't. I mean, I can see why people would dislike them for moral reasons, but... Are they really any different than straight people? Bi people? No.

And that's one of the problems I have with religion(since it's being discussed above). Christianity in particular.

"Yes kids, God loves all his children. Unless they're gay". And I've heard it taught that way too.

Now imagine if there was a little gay kid in that crowd being taught. He knew fully well what being gay meant and he really, truly was gay. But he also had a strong belief and faith in God. Imagine how he would've felt after hearing that. And what if he was a pretty good kid too? Hadn't done anything wrong, wasn't going to, any straight person that was like him would get to Heaven by the standards set by Mr God up there. Except he's gay. That one little detail secures him a place in Hell all because Oh Lord God Almighty, the omniscient Creator that "loves all his children", is a homophobe.

A blatant homophobe at that. "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."
Agreed. I grew up in a staunch Christian household, and my views on religion (Christianity in particular) are pretty jaded as a result. (I'm agnostic)

Say for a moment that we know for sure there is a high power out there. We can call it God, in the case of Christianity. I sincerely hope that God would not be such a heartless prick to send all the gays to hell as some sort of automatic reaction. If God is truly all about love like Christians harp on about, he would look into the hearts of everyone (gays included) and see their motivations, their pain, and the injustice that has surrounded their lives. Then there comes the whole concept of repentance...blah.

I also don't buy into the Catholic church's notion that although homosexuality is something that is innate, it should be suppressed completely and you should repent and ask for forgiveness, or whatever.

Last edited by Consolator; 09-25-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Consolator is offline   Reply With Quote