Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #355 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Faith In Me. View Post
My faith is in Christianity, the Bible, The Lord..you get my point..and although I love my friend (who's gay), support him as a person, he knows I can't go out and shout out my love for homosexuals. I'm not going to judge someone for being gay, or anything else for that matter, because it's not my place, but in the same aspect I also can't endorse it. I'm completely okay with being around hay people, some are some of the nicest people I've met, but they all know how I feel too. I guess what I'm trying to say is that my religious point of view is that of the Bible, I don't 'support' two people of the same sex being together in a sexual manner, or marrying, etc, was meant for a man & woman...BUT, I don't go around shouting about it one way or another. Honestly it doesn't bother me, just don't ask me to support it or give my opinion. I'm just a lot more laid back about it I guess?
Leviticus 20:13 - "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Differences between the old and new testament aside, it's a little hard to understand how you can be both a follower of the word of the bible and "laid back about it".
You're either gung-ho or not. I believe there's even a term for being in the middle about things in the bible... called "luke warm". And I definitely remember there being stuff about that not being awesome at all, in god's eyes.

I just think it's ridiculous that people can play the moral card about these issues and base it on biblical scripture while they're not even following the majority of the rest of the scripture included in the book. It's hypocritical. You have a right to be as hypocritical as you want, but don't expect others to take you seriously.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote