Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #358 (permalink)
Have Faith In Me.
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Leviticus 20:13 - "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Differences between the old and new testament aside, it's a little hard to understand how you can be both a follower of the word of the bible and "laid back about it".
You're either gung-ho or not. I believe there's even a term for being in the middle about thins in the bible... called "luke warm". And I definitely remember there being stuff about that not being awesome at all, in god's eyes.

I just think it's ridiculous that people can play the moral card about these issues and base it on biblical scripture while they're not even following the majority of the rest of the scripture included in the book. It's hypocritical. You have a right to be as hypocritical as you want, but don't expect others to take you seriously.
Call me hypocrital and "luke warm" as much as you want, because your opinion about my faith doesn't bother me. When I was "laid back" about it, all I meant was that I didn't go around spitting scripture every chance I got, I don't believe in shoving the Bible at someone, and condemning people to Hell because of their sins. That's a little radical for me. I just prefer to take a different approach to it, with a little more respect. Like I said, everyone around me KNOWS where I stand, and I'm going to change that view for anyone, but I'm not your preacher either. I'm here to show love, and tell about Christ's love, and if nobody wants to hear about it, then I can't make them. In the same way, if they do want to know more, I'm still here. I've found you gain more ground that way, that's all. As far as being hypocritical, I also said one sin is just as wrong as another. They're all equal, and you can't pick and choose what scripture you want to follow. Everyone sins, point blank, me included obviously. That doesn't mean you go out and support it.