Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 09:25 PM   #389 (permalink)
Have Faith In Me.
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolator View Post
If you really feel that way, I have trouble understanding why you still see homosexuality as a sin. You've said it yourself that humans view each sin through a different colored lens. You view some as less wrong than others, why not view homosexuality as something to "support." Why is it not to you? It's innate and has been documented in pretty much era of history. Racists used to use the Bible to justify their prejudice. I find it pretty unnerving that you claim to be all about love and acceptance yet you won't even go so far as to "support" the "lifestyle." Your flowery language is getting old -- put your money where your mouth is. The "...but I have a gay friend!" is a weak argument.
I see your point, to an extent. I'm not one of those people that's gonna go out and stand up for gay rights, but then again there's only a handful of things I'd be willing to go to extremes for. Something I really really believe in. Every homosexual person I know has accepted me for who I am, and I them. Because, in that case, I'm not a radical Bible-thumper, I'm just doing what Christ called me to do..and that was love. If you really knew me, you'd know I don't care what you've done or who you are..I'll still look at you in the same way. Call it 'flowery language' if you want, truth.