Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 09:46 PM   #391 (permalink)
Have Faith In Me.
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Okay, because I like crash_override, I'm going to try and respectfully explain why I think you're wrong here.

I think you're actions are kind of hypocritical here. There are many things that the Bible describes as "sinful." Such as the consumption of shellfish, men shaving their beards, enslaving Israelites (and ONLY Israelites.) As one person pointed out, you have a tattoo, the Bible has the whole part about your body being a temple.

Now obviously it would be totally irrational to compare getting a tattoo, to murder, however if you choose to ignore the whole your body is a temple thing, and you choose to eat shellfish why not say homosexuality is okay? Why choose to treat that one as sin when the bible has so many sins listed that you probably ignore? It's weird to me and I don't understand your reasoning.
Okay. And I see where you're coming from. I know I've stepped on a lot of toes, and I don't phrase things exactly the right way or even the way I want to convey them. It's a problem.

Anyway, I've also stated the fact that I sin, and it's not okay. I'm sure a lot of things I've done should be considered a sin. I'm also saying that I'm sure I will continue sinning because I'm only human and we do so daily. In this sense, I see where homosexuality isn't any different than any of those things.