Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #399 (permalink)
Consolator
¬¬!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Faith In Me. View Post
equality and freedom is supposed to be what the United States is all about, and I wish it really was. Truth be told though, I don't think there's really a place that's entirely like that on this Earth. Sadly. And are you going to go to a rally or protest for something that I whole-heartedly support just because I might want you to or think you should? The answer is probably a no, and that's okay. You're not expected to have to. That's the same for me with this. I don't mind anybody else doing it, but I shouldn't have to. I think everyone should have a choice in what they do, and it's simply what they want to do, that's all. It should be accepted for what it is.
You're right, absolute equality is not something present on this planet. That's not to say we can't make efforts to move closer towards it.

If you made a case about whatever you wanted me to rally or protest for (like I've done with you) I would certainly consider it. Here's what I don't understand: Your gay best friend, who you've repeatedly claimed to "love" (though judging by the fact that you don't want to support gay rights I'm beginning to doubt that claim) is currently discriminated against heavily and openly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you want those you love to be happy? If someone was messing with one of your siblings or close friends, wouldn't you want to help them / protect them? Is that not what you do with those you "love" ? It may be something that's uncomfortable for you, but wouldn't you consider it worth it? Being that he's your best friend and you love him. I frankly do not understand where you're coming from, at all. I can understand not approving of all of a friend's traits, but homosexuality isn't the same as being, say, an alcoholic.

Last edited by Consolator; 09-25-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Consolator is offline   Reply With Quote