Music Banter - View Single Post - The Famous & The Good
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 07:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
jr.
Seeker of Peace

I met Rush when I was working as a dishwasher in the 76 Truck Stop in the early 80's. I was a junior in high school, and it was my after school job.

It was a Friday night, and the cook (I swear to God his name was Bubba), comes back and says "Them f@gs on your t-shirt is out there."

So, I had on my AC/DC shirt, and I thought that's who he meant. I open the kitchen door just in time to see Geddy Lee walk by, back towards the rest room. I turn around and tell Bubba, "Man, that's Rush. not AC/DC. He just shrugs. He doesn't care. I do.

Anyway, I ended up gettingtheir autographs on a menu, which I think my Mom still has in a box somewhere.

The worst part is, Geddy asked me if I had tickets for the show in Philly. (They were coming from D.C., or Baltimore, I think), and like an idiot, I said yes. I did have seats, but if I'd have said no, I might have scored better seats, maybe even passes.

Doh!!!

Anyway, that's my brush with rock stardom. Geddy was short, Mr. Peart was quiet, but shook my hand. Alex Lifeson signed the menu, but didn't even look up.