Music Banter - View Single Post - The Ultimate Compilation I
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #124 (permalink)
+81
Rats off to ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post
Sorry, I haven't been online in a few days.

Even if Japanther is a good example of noise pop, 'Radical Businessman' is a poor representation from their catalog. I was just trying to pick songs that are on youtube, otherwise I would have gone for the poppier '$100 Cover', which is the essence of noise pop in my mind.

However, I think No Age has some excellent examples of noise pop too. But I haven't hear that song, +81, because I only have Nouns. I hate to suggest a cliche choice from Nouns, but I think 'Eraser' is a picture-perfect example of noise pop. Thoughts?
I personally wouldn't go with Eraser. While I love it and would say it falls into the noise pop category, I don't think it's the best track to describe the genre. Just doesn't encompass enough of the noise element for me.

My only concern with this project as a whole is people picking things that are a part of the genre but not necessarily the most accurate to describing the genre as a whole, of course everyone has different ideas about this so voting is really the only way to go. For the example of noise rock, sure The Jesus Lizard are quite know as a noise rock band but in comparison to bands that embrace noise a lot more (e.g. AIDS Wolf, Mindflayer, Arab on Radar) The Jesus Lizard are more so a 'noisey rock band', which may be a bit misleading to those getting their first taste of the genre (point of the comp, is it not?).

Just some thoughts. Again, a lot of that boils down to personal opinion.

+81 is offline   Reply With Quote