Music Banter - View Single Post - Recording artists - ever avoid for personal reasons?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 01:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I'm curious about this too. I've never heard anything one way or the other about Santana's political views and Wikipedia seems to be mum of the subject so I'm guessing he's not that outspoken, whatever his views are.
i've never heard anything about his political views but i've definitely heard about his spiritual views. the dude is WAY out there. not sure if he's a full on scientologist but his belief system seems to be just as strict. i recall an article about having fired a long standing band member for philosophical differences. he also apparently keeps at least 1 spiritual adviser permanently on hand. his performances are supposed to be religious experiences....

he's very much the kind of philosopher that thinks right-ness matters.

having said all that though, his views are not the reason i don't buy his music.

i'll give him props for having an immediately recognizable tone and style, it's just too bad it's immediately recognizable because he's pretty much been playing THE EXACT SAME THING since about 1972 - that's why i don't buy his music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote