Music Banter - View Single Post - Dylanistic - Hip Hop
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 07:22 AM   #19 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
Alright, so long as I'm back I'll let you all know that I was Dylanist.
Good...I'm glad you came clean, so now I don't have to keep pretending I don't know who you are, Conan! I doubt I was the only one who noticed the obvious SONACE connection!

Of course, scarily, it is possible that maybe I *am* the only one on MB who would notice. But I don't think so.

Quote:
I wrote this little country tune tonight, needs alot more practice on my part but here's a bit of a demo for it. Song actually starts around 2:10.
This sounds like an old Western song rather than a modern country song, so to me it seems more folkish. One change I would recommend is not to repeat "where he comes from" so often, because I found that distracting. Similarly, when you say, "He didn't say a word, he didn't say a word," I'd only say that once, "He didn't say a word," to emphasize his silence.

The character you portray...or, more, what people imagine about him...reminds me of the Western movie "Cool Hand Luke" with Paul Newman, where his cellmates concoct stories about him, building up his character to more than the real human he was.

Welcome back officially, Conan!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote