Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #229 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Default "Plea" lyrics

Hi!

Earlier this month, our new member named anti-war posted a song called, "You Don't Care and I Don't Care," which reminded me of a song I wrote a while ago called "Plea"...except that the meanings of our songs are opposite from each other.

I had been planning today to share lyrics I wrote recently about the hypocrisy and irony of people who oppose the burning of religious books yet support killing. I decided instead to post "Plea" to give you a breather from my social commentary songs. If you want a vegan's indignant perspective on book-burning vs. animal-burning, then you can wait for my next post!

So here you are: something on the lighter and more self-analytical side. "Plea" describes a common way I think people who have been hurt sometimes feel about friendships or relationships. At least, I know *I've* felt like this before. Which is why I wrote it, of course.

“Plea” by Erica

I won’t plead.
I’ll never stoop so low
to show my need.
I’d rather go alone than
tell you I’m missing you
if you don’t say
you’re missing me.

I won’t plead.
I won’t admit I hope
you feel for me.
I’d rather live alone than
give anyone that power
over me
to hurt me again.

So if you want to be with me
you’ll have to read between the lines.
I can only give so much
and then it’s up to you.

I can’t plead.
I’d rather lose
this opportunity
than risk rejection once again
and so you’ll never have a chance
to take anything
from me.

So if you want to be with me
you’ll have to read between the lines.
I can only give so much
and then it’s up to you.
It’s up to you.

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 09-28-2010 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Seeing it up in print always makes me see changes I want to make!
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote