Music Banter - View Single Post - A very special guide to indiemo.
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 06:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
swim
dontcareaboutyou

Default A very special guide to indiemo.

This forum is dead so here goes nothing:

Bells on Trike

1996 is my favorite year in music and 10" are my favorite length of records (that 20-30 minutes just hits the spot). So their only release is perfect in so many ways for me. If you can find this 500 press in the used bin you’re a lucky son-of-a-bitch and might as well try your hand at the lottery. I’d probably pee pants if I stumbled upon a physical copy of this in the real world. Something that really sticks out to me about this record is that these kids were from Richmond which was kind of unprecedented. The southeast hardcore scene was filled to the brim with melodic hardcore and emo-violence bands. The drummer was in one of those actually, Cornelius on Assorted Porkchop Records –worth checking out if like me you just sweat some southeast hardcore. The vocals are nice and low in the mix and borderline inaudible, just the way I like em. They have a nice loud to soft and back again dynamic about them and some pretty good builds like in Apparatus Must Be Earthed. Not a bad second on this record, an absolute essential.

Bells On Trike - Self-Titled 10'' (1996).zip - Indiemo, Selection