Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 03:22 AM   #1798 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
It's funny, I saw Sunn O))) open for !!! back in 2003 and at the time had never heard of them. I like them now but I must say I didn't enjoy them at all that night. I had gone to that show still reeling from a bad breakup with an ex-girlfriend of mine and in desperate need to shake my ass to some dancepunk grooviness. Heavy, droning guitar was really not what I was in the mood for at all. I'm just curious what crackhead put !!! and Sunn O))) on a bill together.

I'd actually love to see Sunn O))) again now that I'm familiar with them and would know what to expect.
Hehe I can imagine the element of surprise as an unknown support band not working to Sunn O)))'s favour, for sure. If you get the chance to see them again then go. I was completely enthralled throughout. I said i hardly spoke much well that includes when they finished and people started to eave, i sat there for a couple of minutes or so and me and the lad i went with were outside of the building before either of us said a word to one another.

Might sound OTT but i seriously needed a few minutes just to reflect on it first.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote