Music Banter - View Single Post - A very special guide to indiemo.
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
swim
dontcareaboutyou

Speedwell

OK so I’ve already lied about the post a day but school eats my life and I’m sure you kids understand. I think I should change the name of this thread. I love me some Midwest sounds but I don’t want to be pigeonholed into talking about it exclusively. This band is the kind that I love to death. There’s something that’s kind of romantic of having only released a couple songs to me. Though I’m not completely sure why I’m so fascinated by it. It’s better than a band that has an expansive library but leaves you with a bitter taste in your mouth after falling in love with their debut and being drug around for half a decade by keep on checking up on them in hopes something that will even come close. It’s also nice to have some degree of mystery about it. There are far too many bands that you find out what everyone’s mother’s favorite food is and I don’t know it’s a little sickening. But probably my favorite part is constantly looking for that lost demo tape or that unreleased album that never came out. It just keeps things interesting to me. The A-side is sing-shouty with jangly guitars while the B-side is much mellower. A nice little 7” for sure.

speedwell pacifique.zip