Music Banter - View Single Post - Mastodon
Thread: Mastodon
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 07:52 AM   #216 (permalink)
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theuglyorgan View Post
I buy most of my albums without listening first(all the albums I've ever loved have been from me doing that), but sometimes I'll listen to a few songs on Youtube or something before I buy, but I never listen to the whole thing. I love the element of suprise when you listen to an album for the first time, not knowing what to expect.

In this particular case I'm going to listen without buying, because this band sounds like something I could really get into.
That's so refreshing to hear. I used to have funds to do that every so often. It's sad some of the things you've got to cut out of your life when **** gets hectic. I can settle for eagerly waiting for an album to download, new releases or the random button. It's not the same though, that's why I try to hit the record store from time to time. Man, I've found some gems buying without listening. Because of that, I will always trust my gut!

Also, you will most likely not be disappointed with Blood Mountain. Not because its my favorite Mastodon album, but because it fucking delivers! Have you a favorite Mastodon thus far or will this be your intro?
333 is offline   Reply With Quote