Music Banter - View Single Post - 25 Random Facts About You
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #723 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Let's do a new bunch as everyone likes to talk about themselves but I will try and make it themed this time.

1. I hate stickers on DVD's and CD's and spend far too much time erasing any trace of them, even going so far as to cleaning the covers with baby wipes.
2. All the spines of my DVD's have to align and not show any of the cover so I sit there with any new purchases moving the covers to accommodate this.
3. My DVD collection is now in at least 6 different alphabetised sections:
Amaray Cases
Steel Cases
Slipcover Cases
3+ disc Special Editions
Film series (i.e back to the future 1, 2 and 3)
Boxsets that have many films by one director
TV Boxsets
Music DVD's
Jean Claude Van Damme films
4. I collect odd advertising gimmicks of films and keep them in the DVD cases I.E The Texas Chainsaw Massacre ran a small campaign of a pullout in the shape of a chainsaw which I kept for the DVD release.
5. I will rebuy a particular film if it has extras that weren't on the original release. I have 3 different versions of the original Halloween.
6. I hate shrink wrap on new CD's and become physically frustrated when I cannot open the damn things.
7. If a CD has a booklet inside, I cannot have any marks on it and spend ages prising it out for fear of it getting caught and being marked.
8. I can spend months scouring the net in order in order to find the best possible version of a film that I really like and will pay a few extra quid in order to get the best version.
9. All my music and films are in alphabetical order and I can usually even find a particular film by touch even if the lights are out by storing them this way.
10. I abhor slipcases on CD's as sometimes they don't fit into my shelves but I still keep the cardboard outer in case I change my set up.
11. Even if it's an album I have been after for years, I will still delete anything I get that is less than 192 kbps.
12. I will not buy a film (no matter how much I want it) if it's in the wrong aspect ratio. (i.e I.D is a fantastic British Football hooligan film but it's still a 4:3 release which means it has been cropped for that medium) and so I will not buy it.
13. I never allow more than one CD out of it's case at any one time for fear of losing it.
Damn that's only 13. I thought I was sadder than that!

To get to 25:
14. I will not go out in a creased T shirt and spend ages pondering what T shirt to take if I'm off to see a band.
15. Own over 40 T shirts and still struggle to find one to wear on many occasions.
16. I have never used an umbrella in my life no matter the weather. I would rather be soaking wet than use one.
17. I check my mobile phone and Ipod 2 or 3 times before I go to bed to make sure they are switched off.
18. I constantly correct people on their spelling and cross out words on shopping lists and re write them if the spelling is wrong.
19. I will not watch a film if more than 10 minutes have elapsed if I catch it on the TV/DVD etc even if I have seen the film before.
20. Refuse to eat chips (fries) if they don't have vinegar on them.
21. I can remember every single film I have seen even if I cannot remember all the details. I can do this within 5 minutes.
22. I have an absolutely unhealthy liking for women in thongs ( I had to spice it up a bit!)
23. I have to shave my head every 3 or 4 days as I feel that it's getting too long if left.
24. I find myself struggling if I have to write for a long time as i'm so used to typing on a keyboard so I rarely write anymore.
25. I hate cars and have no interest in them whatsoever. What the frig is BHP? I don't care. There is still a speed limit so who gives a frig if your car can do 180? U still have to drive within the speed limit.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote