Music Banter - View Single Post - Festivals?
Thread: Festivals?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 07:50 AM   #118 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
ATTENTION! All those who live in Australia or New Zealand.

As you aware the Big Day Out lineup for this summer has been announced and Tool are playing! I have to be there. However, getting BDO tickets is bloody ridiculous! The Melbourne show basically sells out in seconds, or so it seems. I'm gonna jump on at 12.01am as soon as the tickets are released and try to get some, but what do you think my chances of success are? How quickly will shows like Melbourne sell out for BDO? I'm freaking out. I have to see Tool!
I can imagine you biting your fingernails and tearing your hair out while writing this

After seeing everyone's reactions to the first announcement, it's pretty hard to gauge how fast tickets will sell. While there's a load of big names on the roster, there's also a lot of negativity surrounding it. You'd be surprised at how many people are pissed that their fav flavour of the month band isn't playing... and some think that the organisers are simply rehashing previous lineups as all of the major acts have played at the BDO before. Seems that quite a few will be heading over to Soundwave instead. On the other hand, that was only the first announcement and I get the feeling that they'll ensnare many more people if a big electronica/reggae/hip-hop act comes on board (a lot people I know were hoping for Daft Punk).

Well here's to hoping