Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #2215 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theuglyorgan View Post
I'm playing Left 4 Dead 2. Pretty fun game.
I just got done playing that as well, definitely a worthy follow-up to Left 4 Dead and does a good job at improving nearly everything from the first game. The characters are far more fleshed out than the first group of survivors and the introduction of melee weapons is always enjoyable, especially when you realize how good they are for dispersing groups that swarm you. The A.I. Director is far more merciless now, at the final stage in "Swamp Fever" he spawned 4 Tanks in a row while I was trying to make it out to the rescue boat and I was playing on easy, I have yet to try normal difficulty on any of the campaigns. My biggest gripe with the game is that the friendly A.I. seems to have gotten far less reliable. In Left 4 Dead I could be pretty confident that if a Hunter pounced me or a Smoker constricted me, my friendly A.I. would be there for me before I started loosing too much health. In Left 4 Dead 2 I've had Chargers pounding me into mush while my A.I.s just stood around shooting common infected, and if a Jockey gets me then I'm screwed. I don't know how something that worked so well in the first game could get screwed up so royally in the second, but I really hope Valve fix that for the next installment.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote