Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #2217 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric generic View Post
i think i installed these without a hitch, but i have an annoyance. this one mod has this big red ! box for quest-givers(i assume). is there a way to make this box smaller? it's about as tall as the people.
That's usually because there's a missing texture or mesh. You have to make sure that you add whatever textures/meshes that come with the download. Just open the folders from the downloads and look for each of the additional textures/meshes/etc and add them to the existing folders in your Fallout3/data directory. You have to keep the folder hierarchy intact, so make sure to put things in the right place. If a folder doesn't exist in the original fallout3/data directory but it exists in the mod folder, just put the whole folder in the proper place in the data directory. Just make sure you don't overwrite any folders or files, as you may overwrite stuff from another mod.

Edit:
I almost forgot. You need to download and run this:
http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=944

You should only have to run it once. That may solve your problem (and any future ones) if the issue isn't a missing texture. Do this first anyway, because it's easier.

Edit 1.1
When you run Fallout Mod Manager, make your load order look like this: (each of these checked, and in this order from the top)

1- Fallout3.esm
2- CALIBR.esm
3- FOOK2 - Main.esm
4- FOOK2 [WANK] World And Neighborhood Kit.esm
5- Marts Mutant Mod.esm
6- FOOK2 - Main.esp
7- FOOK2 [EVE] Energy Visuals Enhanced.esp
8- Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
9- "all the other marts mutant mod esp's you want applied"
LAST- FOOK2.esp

Don't worry about any of the DLC's if you don't have any.
It's critical that the load order is correct, because position in the load order affects which mods take priority. If they're not in the right place, there will be conflicts.
Also, I don't remember if CALIBR came with Fook2 or not, but if it doesn't, you might want to pick that up too because if I remember correctly it's the mod for the bullets that go with Fook2 weapons.

One last thing... obviously you know you need to run FOMM to start the game. Just click "launch FOSE" in FOMM to do this... and all your checked mods will be in effect. I also remember something about MMM where if you're not starting a new game, you have to wait in an area for 4 days or something for the mod to start up. Information on that is available on Mart's mod page if you need it.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote